I had a bible study last night and I'm so excited to share it with you all. I won’t post all of them because you have to be there to fill it, but I feel this message is one worth learning about. Any questions feel free to email me or DM me. Love ya.
Bible study for the focus on not looking back:
The setting was the city of Sodom and Gomorrah. They people were how we are now. A hot mess express. Lying! Cheating, sexual, partying, fighting, creeping, going against God. Doing whatever they wanted!
· Vs15. Don’t hesitate or you will may be punished. What is God telling you to move on from?
· Vs 16. Even when you do hesitate angels will come to snatch you up real quick. God is still fighting for you. It says he was merciful to them. Think of all the times God was merciful to you.
-Flee for your LIFE. Don’t look back. Don’t stop OR you will be swept away.
-They’re not running simply from a city. They are running for their lives.
-This demonstrates obedience. What is God telling you to flee from and not look back at? It’s a matter of life or death. It’s not to be taken lightly. There is ZERO time to waste.
· Vs 18-20. Lot was trying to compromise with God. God is in control but he will work with you, not comply with you don’t get it twisted. It also shows he’s running to a small place (Zoar). What small place is God trying to get you to? These small places will change your life. Don’t despise the small places where God has you or has you going .
· Vs 22. God tells Lot to flee quickly because he can’t do anything until he reaches that place. What is God trying to give you but he can’t because you haven’t reached that place yet? God is trying to bless you but YOU gotta move. You keep playing around. Get it together. You may be alone but do it. No matter who comes who or who plays around, do it for you.
-It’s not enough to know God will provide. You must be able to work for yourself.
-Lots wife shows us that looking back destroys us.
-She died in the process of looking back. Do you want that to be you? Lot made it, his daughters made it, but his wife didn’t make it. EVERYBODY is not going to make it. I realized this yesterday and it hit me hard. Kylie don’t make an excuse for people, don’t cry over it, don’t be surprised when people don’t want to hear it, no matter how you deliver it, EVERYBODY IS NOT GOING TO MAKE IT.
-Lots wife was supposed to be being led by Lot. To me he should have reinforced the importance of not looking back. It indicates she needed a leader. LADIES…Watch who you have “leading you”. Make sure he’s a man of God, has character, and leads you to the right place. Yea he can think your cute, yea he buys you things and takes you out, yea he got money but is he leading you to LIFE or are you walking with him to hell? He made it she didn’t, watch who’s leading you.
· Vs. 29 Lot ended up surviving, but look what he went through.
-Learn to do things when God tells you the first time not after the fact.
· Eight reasons who Lots wife looked back
1. Disobedience. She wanted to do her and forget God.
2. She was nebby. IG and FB will be the death of you. Mind your business.
3. She loved that place. How many times do we do things with no good people and go places with them because we lovvve them.
4. That place was familiar. Why are we so scared to leave what we know? Step out and do something different. Try staying out a man’s face long enough to recognize God. Get familiar with him. Sit your partying self down long enough to hear a good sermon for one day out the weekend.
5. She didn’t want to leave her mess. Whether you want to admit it or not you like your mess. You lay in it, do it, love it, kiss it, sleep with it, say it, listen to it, you love it. Leave it alone.
6. Lots wife didn’t trust God. We don’t listen to God because we don’t trust where he’s leading us.
7. She thought she was missing something. You think your missing something when you say no to that guy, that party, that job, that deal, that business you swear was from God. You aren’t missing anything.
8. She didn’t understand the progress that she made. If you understand where God took you from and all the progress you made, would you still look back? You have to remember where you came from and where God is taking you.
· At the end of 29 it explains how Lot was spared on behalf of Abraham’s plea. I'm at a point where I'm interceding for those around me. Who do you need to get it together for? People are depending on you. People need you. My friend came to my bible study last night and it changed my entire perspective on how God wanted me to help her become a woman of Christ. I seen the chains fall off her and I knew it was worth it. Get it together. Appreciate the Abrahams in your life because they are there to save you.
Dive deeper into Genesis 29. These are the main points we discussed but pull out your own. Most importantly don’t look back. God is trying to get you somewhere..even if it small. Trust your path.